Wednesday, January 3, 2007

The New Year

Well, it is now the third day of the new year and I don't feel very new. I feel old and weary. Maybe this year will be different, maybe not. Whatever the case may be, time will not stop on my account. It will keep trudging along at that steady rate it keeps whether I like it or not. I would like more time in the day to get stuff done and more time at night to get sleeping done! I would like more time with my family! More time for fun! More time for reading! More time for learning! I would like more time.
Actually, I am not entirely sure more time will make much of a difference. I've put 34 years in on this earth already and I haven't caught up on that time. Oh sure, I've spent time with my boys teaching, learning, playing, loving, laughing, and just hanging out. I've spent time with my husband pretty much in the same way. What I have spent too much wasted time on is; cleaning, vegging, laundry, yelling, moping, and just feeling blah...
Mind you there are things that we have no control over in this steady rate of time passing. I can't stop flus, colds, and exhaustion, no matter what family member has it. I can't stop working and my hubby can't stop going to school. We need to make a living you know!
I suppose if I look back and than look forward, the years blend and pass over each other with a blur. However there are times that stand out from the foggy memories of days forgotten.
I remember birthdays, family get togethers, a good joke, hanging out with my family watching a good movie, laughing in the warm sun at the park, and having frozen fingers while building a snow fort.
My New Year's Resolutions would be to have many more memories that don't blur or fade into the backdrop of time.
Happy New Year! May you have time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May Peace break into your house and thieves come to steal your debts.

May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills.

May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be only those of joy.

May the problems of the past, forget your home address!

In simple words ....

May 2007 be the best year of your life!!!

Happy New Year Jen!

Anonymous said...

May peace break into your house and may thieves steal your debts.

May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills.

May your tears be only those of joy.

May the problems of the past, forget your home address!

In simple words ............

May 2007 be the best year of your life!!!
Happy New Year Jen!

Unknown said...

O.K. , NOW I GOT IT ! BUT IT WAS HARD TO FIND THIS " COMMENT " LINK .YOU CAN CHECK MY HUMBLE BLOG HERE !
http://geocities.com/fusionca/index.html/1

Forgiveness

Forgiveness

Carry Me

Carry Me

Spiritual Warfare

Spiritual Warfare

Carry Cross?

Carry Cross?

I Am. Canadian?

I Am. Canadian?

Save the Children

Save the Children

Let the little children come to Me

Let the little children come to Me

Safely Home

Safely Home

Foolish

Foolish

Thanks be to God!

Thanks be to God!

Sacrifice

Sacrifice

Healed

Healed

Spirit's Fire

Spirit's Fire

Sharing

Sharing

Covenant

Covenant

Prayer

Prayer

Angels Heard on High

Angels Heard on High

Trumpet Blows

Trumpet Blows

The Word

The Word

Ultimate Sacrifice

Ultimate Sacrifice

Love

Love

Charge over Thee

Charge over Thee

Power and Glory

Power and Glory

Spiritual Battle

Spiritual Battle