Thursday, January 11, 2007

Moving on down?

We are moving. Again. It seems we are always moving. Packing, unpacking. Hopefully we settle one of these days.

WSIB is cutting our income (they do this to people all the time) So we are moving back home. Home, the place where we are comfortable, together, and everybody knows your name. It could happen anytime between now and April. That's the frustrating part, we don't know when, where, how, and not sure why...

My hubby is only allowed to lift 5lbs or less according to his restrictions from the Dr. and if you know me, I can left about 4lbs. hehe. I am only 111 lbs myself. Solid muscle...yeah right. My sons can lift more than both of us put together. Thank goodness I have 2 strong boys to help us out!

The good news is I home educate the boys, so they don't have to switch schools and worry about all that kind of stuff. They already know everyone back home and have a pretty decent social circle. We've only lived out of town for a year so sliding back into swimming lessons, jui jit su, youth groups, and other activities won't be such a difficult task.

We told them about the move and both boys were happy! Imagine that! I thought there would be tears and frustration. Leave it to children to look at the bright side of things. They were both very supportive and had some real positive things to say about the move. My eldest is looking forward to babysitting and making some spending money. (he's old enough now and people are asking for him) My youngest can't wait to go swimming again! The YMCA in this city doesn't have a pool because they are at a temporary location (if you can call 2 to 3 years temporary) so he misses his swimming.

The downside is my hubby has to drive an hour and half for school again. He's in a new program now and the hours are a little better but still, that's a long drive in the mornings and then do it again in the evenings.
I will probably start up daycare again once we're settled. I have people asking if I will watch their children again once I'm back in town.

Gee, looking at all this information makes me wonder why we moved out in the first place? Oh yeah, WSIB told us we have too. They have way too much power over people's lives. I believe that if this ever happens again we will tell them NO!! I wonder if the spoiled corporation has heard that before??

It will be nice to be out of the desert land. We've been in the desert for about 3 years now and we are looking forward to the Promise land. Even if it is full of giants. We are crossing the Jordan and going to the land of milk and honey!
That's the update.
Jen(movin' on up!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is good news.
While it's horrible for the "government" to be able dictate your life, I for one, think it will be a good move.
And hopefully a semi-permanent one.
And your kids are so well adjusted that they can make the move and see all the positives.

And yes....start a list.
I need daycare! There isn't anyone since you left!

Forgiveness

Forgiveness

Carry Me

Carry Me

Spiritual Warfare

Spiritual Warfare

Carry Cross?

Carry Cross?

I Am. Canadian?

I Am. Canadian?

Save the Children

Save the Children

Let the little children come to Me

Let the little children come to Me

Safely Home

Safely Home

Foolish

Foolish

Thanks be to God!

Thanks be to God!

Sacrifice

Sacrifice

Healed

Healed

Spirit's Fire

Spirit's Fire

Sharing

Sharing

Covenant

Covenant

Prayer

Prayer

Angels Heard on High

Angels Heard on High

Trumpet Blows

Trumpet Blows

The Word

The Word

Ultimate Sacrifice

Ultimate Sacrifice

Love

Love

Charge over Thee

Charge over Thee

Power and Glory

Power and Glory

Spiritual Battle

Spiritual Battle