Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I have my P.P. Degree

I have had my share of professionals. Teachers, Resource Teachers, Doctors, Lawyers, just to name a few. We are all professionals in our field. A Teacher is a professional at her work, a Doctor at his practice, and so on. I am a professional also. I am a Professional Parent.
Professional means (as a noun) Definition 1. a person involved in a profession.
Crossref. Syn. office
Definition 2. a person paid to perform in an activity such as art or sports.
Definition 3. a person who has or shows expertise in a particular field.
Crossref. Syn. ace

Related Words adviser
According to the dictionary, I have the right and obligation to call myself a Professional.
1. a person involved in a profession.
I am involved in parenting, homeschooling, raising my boys to the best of my ability, being a wife, a daughter, a sister, a child care provider.
2. a person paid to perform in an activity such as art or sports.
I am paid with children with good behaviour, good academic standing, good character development, and compliments from my husband, encouragement from my family.
3. a person who has or shows expertise in a particular field.
This meaning was a hard one for me to accept. Maybe I’m too hard on myself? Yet over the last few months, it has become more apparent that I am a Professional when it comes to my sons. I have been informed by 2 teachers, a speech therapist, an occupational therapist, a doctor, other Early Childhood Educators, and family members, that my boys (both of them!) are well behaved, good mannered, above average, grade levels ahead in areas, progressing quickly and more efficiently than their age peers in public school, and most importantly (in my book)-more giving and compassionate. (an often overlooked trait in children these days) Each professional directly facilitated these attributes to my homeschooling and parenting skills.
Not to overlook my partner in these endeavors, I would like to take a moment to say a little about their Father. He is also a Professional. He has encouraged and supported these antics for many years. He has put up with all of us being home through thick and thin. He has defended us through much opposition and ridicule during the beginning of our homeschooling. Every negative aspect of homeschooling has slowly been disputed or eradicated. He has supported me when I wanted to work and when I didn’t. (Incidentally, working has not interfered with the homeschooling and homeschooling has not interfered with working. It has been a positive experience in both accounts)
My husband the Professional has and is 1. involved in this profession, 2. paid to perform in this activity, (Thank you Honey!) and has shown 3. expertise in this particular field.
So, for those of you who study, work hard, and learn to earn that certificate and become a professional, good for you! For those of you who study, work hard, and learn to become an expert in something and become a professional, good for you! Don’t let others tell you that you are not the ‘professional’. You are a Professional Parent. Tell them you have your ‘P.P.’ Degree.
;)

No comments:

Forgiveness

Forgiveness

Carry Me

Carry Me

Spiritual Warfare

Spiritual Warfare

Carry Cross?

Carry Cross?

I Am. Canadian?

I Am. Canadian?

Save the Children

Save the Children

Let the little children come to Me

Let the little children come to Me

Safely Home

Safely Home

Foolish

Foolish

Thanks be to God!

Thanks be to God!

Sacrifice

Sacrifice

Healed

Healed

Spirit's Fire

Spirit's Fire

Sharing

Sharing

Covenant

Covenant

Prayer

Prayer

Angels Heard on High

Angels Heard on High

Trumpet Blows

Trumpet Blows

The Word

The Word

Ultimate Sacrifice

Ultimate Sacrifice

Love

Love

Charge over Thee

Charge over Thee

Power and Glory

Power and Glory

Spiritual Battle

Spiritual Battle